Before you commit to the first insurance company you
approach about getting car insurance, ask these
questions to the insurance agent and make sure you take
notes. The questions below are very relevant and can
affect how much you pay for car insurance.
Anytime you are speaking to an insurance agent, keep in
mind they want your business and glossing over
particular subjects or topics could cause you to assume
that all insurance companies are all alike and that is
not the case. That is why when shopping for car
insurance, take notes and compare your notes to give
yourself a direct comparison in the insurance quotes.
Always know what to ask the Insurance
agent in order to get the most out of your
insurance policy. The burden is on you to
get the most coverage for the least cost.
Be determined to get the . . .
Insurance Rate for Your Car
below of questions to ask your insurance agent are
realistic concerns and if you donít see any questions
that fit your personal situation, by all means write
them down before meeting with any insurance agent.
your car insurance is probably what you are most
concerned with so be sure that what they price you
explains exactly what you expect to be paying for.
Feel free to print this list to
take with you . . .
1. What kind of
coverage should I get based on my age, gender, marital
2. What is my risk assessment?
3. Who can drive my car and still have coverage?
4. What is my deductible and at what level will it yield
me the best price?
5. Can I get a discount based on your companyís
6. What payment options are available?
7. How will my car be valued if it becomes totaled?
8. Is there a 24-hour claims service for fast
9. Does the coverage include original manufacturer parts
10. How does your company compare to the market pricing
for my chosen coverage?
11. Does how many miles I drive to work affect my
12. Do you offer a discount if I own more than one
13. Does my job affect my premium cost?
14. Does my credit score affect my premium cost?
15. How much does a speeding ticket affect my premium
16. Will I be dropped from coverage if I have an
17. Can a family member drive my car and be covered?
18. How long does it take to process an accident claim?
19. Does my insurance policy cover roadside assistance?
20. Does my policy cover a wrecker service fee if I need
to be towed?
There are other
relevant questions you can ask, but if you use these
questions above with each insurance company you contact,
it will allow you to compare car insurance quotes
against each company fairly.
Every personís car insurance needs vary and that is
where comparing your insurance coverage costs to someone
else will differ, even with the same insurance company.